Monday, July 27, 2009

Korean - Please

Please - Chom (Choam) / Chebal (Chuh-bahl) 좀/제발

These Korean equivalents of the English word "please"
Chom and Chebal, are seldom if ever used alone. The concept
of "please" is implied in polite verbs, such as chushipshio
(chuu-ship-she-oh), which has the meaning of " please do... ."

One moment, please.
chamshi kidaryo chushipshio (Chahms-she kee-dah-rio-
chuu-ship-she-oh) 잠깐만 기다리세요.

Less formal:

Just a moment, please.
chamkkan manyo (chahm-kahn mahn-yoh) 잠깐만요

Please take me there.
ka juseyo (kah juu-say-yoh) 가주세요

Do (it, something) for me, please.
hae juseyo (hay juu-say-yoh)해주세요

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The romanization & hangul of "One moment, please" don't match...
The romanization says "chamshi kidaryo chushipshio"
but the hangul says "chamkkanman kidariseyo".
Please fix it ):

anonymous said...

thx bro

Unknown said...

I have heard this particular phrase all my life and still can't figure out what it means

Idio Shipsho

Can some please tell me I'm curious

Post a Comment